As sports fans, we love to represent our favorite team's jerseys, hoodies and shirts for men. It is pretty easy to find fashionable clothing that makes you feel and look good. However, it is not as easy for women. Sure, they can wear jerseys fitted specifically for them and unflattering v-neck shirts, but there is not much outside of that.

The best thing I saw this week comes from a friend who wants to change the way people view clothing in women's sports.

Kennedy Pettengill is a senior at DePaul University studying sports communications and she has an idea that could change the way we look at sports apparel for women.

"I was really tired of not having anything cute to wear when I wanted to support my favorite teams," stated Pettengill. "I want to look hot and fashionable no matter what I am doing."

(Kennedy Pettengill)

If you are unaware, the writer (me silly) is a male who would never be interested in wearing these tops. However, I am obsessed with this brilliant idea. What makes it even more brilliant is the simplicity of the clothing items; a top with a logo patch. Some of these leagues do not try at all to market their clothes to women and it shows.

Especially the WNBA, their fans are constantly complaining about how they do not care. The WNBA does not even do the basics. When the Phoenix Mercury and Chicago Sky advanced to the WNBA Finals, there were no shirts to celebrate them winning the semifinals. How many people have you seen rocking their favorite sports team with a shirt that says, "division champions"? I have seen ads for Detroit Lions shirts that say, "preseason champions 4-0."

People will do anything for their favorite team. This is why I love this idea and it makes women feel more inclusive instead of giving them those bedazzled pink jerseys.

"My goal is to at least change the way people view clothing in women's sports and advance what should have been done a long time ago," said Pettengill.

The website and social media pages have not been uploaded yet. However, to stay up to date on when Kennedy will drop these tops, her Instagram is @KennedyPettengill

Show her some love and give her a follow.